LIGNA, the exporter and importer of wood and paper products, was founded in 1949. In 1989 the company was transformed from the state owned foreign trade venture into a joint stock company, the legal entity it is today. Our main activities remain the export and import of wood, wood products, pulp, paper and paper products, but we also take part in less traditional ventures such as financial leasing for wood-processing and paper industries as well as import of various types of consumer goods. LIGNA has trading partners all over the world. Our headquarters are located in the LIGNA building on Wenceslas Square in Prague from the very inception of the company.